Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are a perfect choice for building a retaining wall. These blocks are made from real stone and look like they’ve been around for generations, but they’re actually brand new.
These blocks can be used to build a variety of different types of walls:
-A Cottage Stone Retaining Wall will add elegance to your home. It’s the perfect addition to any garden, patio, or balcony.
-You can also use these blocks as stepping stones in your garden or on your walkway. They’re great for creating unique patterns with different colors and textures.
-You can even use them to build your own rock garden. The possibilities are endless with these versatile blocks.
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are the perfect way to add charm and interest to your garden or yard. With an easy-to-install design, they are a great way to get started with your landscaping project.
These blocks come in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can create the look you want. They’re also very durable and long-lasting you’ll be able to enjoy them for years.
If you’re looking to build a retaining wall or a patio, you’ve come to the right place. Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are the ideal building material for both projects. This block is made from 100% recycled glass, which means that it’s resistant to rot and mildew. It also has an authentic look to it that will make your home stand out.
What are Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
These beautiful blocks are made from natural stone. We’ve taken the best of the old and the new and combined them into a single block that will look great on your next patio or retaining wall project.
Cottage Stone is made from concrete with glass fiber reinforcement, polymeric sand, and an aggregate finish that gives it its classic look. It has all the strength of a cinder block with an authentic appearance that will fit right in with any home improvement project you have in mind.
why do I need Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks?
Retaining walls are a great way to add functionality to your outdoor space. Retaining walls can be used to create a patio or walkway, add height to your outdoor space, and even make your yard look more attractive. Retaining walls will give the appearance of having more land than you actually have by giving you more usable space for entertaining or playing with children.
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are a great option for anyone who wants an easy-to-use product that will provide years of enjoyment as well as beauty in their yard. They’re made from high-quality materials that will not fade over time like some other options on the market today; this means that they’ll continue looking good year after year without needing any special maintenance.
How to install Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
- Install the blocks in a running bond pattern, with the joints of each course staggered.
- Mark the location of the first block to start laying out your project by measuring and marking along the ends of a string line you will use as a guide. Use a level and pencil to mark this first block’s position on both sides of the string line, then measure down from this point and mark where you want your second block to go.
- Use a straightedge to connect these marks so you have two lines that extend past where they meet (if needed). The first block should be centered between these lines and aligned with them vertically, which means its top edge will be at an angle equal to half its height above ground level (for example: if it is 8 inches high, its top edge would be 4 inches above ground level).
- Check for vertical alignment using a spirit level before proceeding further; adjust if necessary by repositioning or adjusting stakes until blocks are perfectly vertical on all sides of your wall.
The Cottage Stone’s natural, weathered look and warm colors blend beautifully with most environments.
The Cottage Stone’s natural, weathered look and warm colors blend beautifully with most environments. This stone is cut to a uniform size that won’t shift or crumble when set in place, so it can be used for retaining walls and other structures.
The cottage stone is durable and impact resistant, making it ideal for areas where you need a sturdy foundation for your project. If you’re looking for an attractive option that lasts as long as your home does, this is the stone for you.
Meets ASTM C-90 load requirements for segmental retaining walls
ASTM C-90 is a standard for concrete masonry units. It specifies the minimum compressive strength of concrete masonry units and also specifies the maximum allowable unit size and minimum compressive strength of concrete masonry units used in construction.
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks meet this ASTM requirement, as well as:
- ASTM C-881 (Standard Specification for Precast Concrete Masonry Units)
- ASTM C-592 (Standard Specification for Structural Lightweight Aggregate for Civil Engineering Purposes)
UV inhibitors protect against color fading
UV inhibitors protect against color fading. UV inhibitors are added to block to prevent the color from fading over time. The most common use of UV light is from the sun, but it can also be produced artificially with fluorescent lamps. Color fading can happen when UV rays penetrate into the material and cause chemical reactions in the material causing it to appear discolored or faded.
Durable, impact-resistant glass fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC)
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are made from durable and impact-resistant GFRC (glass fiber reinforced concrete). GFRC is also known as cast stone, cast-in-place concrete, or precast concrete. These blocks are made by mixing Portland cement with a mix of sand and stone. The resulting specialized mixture can be poured into molds where it hardens over time to form the finished product.
Polymeric sand or jointing stone is recommended for filling the gap between blocks
We recommend filling the gaps between stones with polymeric sand. This is a better option than jointing stone for several reasons:
- Polymeric sand is easier to use because it doesn’t need to be mixed with water or other materials, meaning there’s no mess involved when you’re filling your retaining wall blocks.
- Polymeric sand lasts longer than jointing stone because its composition makes it more durable; however, jointing stone will be cheaper if you’re on a budget.
- Both types of filler are easy to place in between stones; however, jointing stones may require more time and effort due to their size and density (jointing stones tend not to be very large).
Trimmer rings are available to create seating or radius applications (sold separately)
Trimmer rings are also available to create seating and radius applications (sold separately). Trimmer rings are made from polymeric sand or jointing stone. They can be used with Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks in a variety of sizes, including 16″ and 24″.
Benefits of Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
- Low cost: The price of the blocks is affordable, making them ideal for homeowners who are looking for a budget-friendly way to add interest and style to their landscaping. They come in a variety of sizes and colors, allowing you to create unique patterns that fit your style and home.
- Easy installation: This type of product is easy to install. All you need is some basic tools and time, which means that most people can complete the project themselves with minimal effort. It also doesn’t require any special skills or experience all you need is a hammer.
- Versatility: With so many different options available when it comes to style, size, shape and color combinations, there’s no end limit on what kind of design you could come up with using these blocks as they would look great anywhere from borders around trees or shrubs all the way through driveways where they can act like stepping stones not only visually but physically too (which makes them much safer than just gravel).
Uses of Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are a versatile and durable product that is used for retaining walls, patios, walkways, fountains, and water features.
They can be formed into beautiful garden walls that will become the focal point of your landscape or create a stunning firepit.
Materials needed for Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
Materials needed for Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
- Shovel, bucket, and rake
- Wall block adhesive (if you are using the blocks without an L-shaped wall block)
- Mortar mix (if you are not using the mortar)
Tools needed for installation of the retaining wall blocks:
- Circular saw or masonry blade with a saber saw (for cutting blocks)
- Trowel or finish trowel (for spreading mortar/adhesive to set your retaining wall blocks in place)
Materials needed: $400-$600 depending on how many supplies you need.
Tools for Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
- Safety glasses, safety gloves, and utility knife (if you’re cutting your own blocks from a quarry)
- Circular saw (if you’re cutting your own blocks from a quarry)
Costs of Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are a relatively inexpensive way to surround your home, adding beauty as well as function. The cost of these stones depends on several factors, including the type and size of stone block you choose, where you purchase it from, and how much labor is involved with the installation. The average cost for each block can run anywhere from $5 to $15 each depending on the material used for their construction. If you’re looking to build a substantial retaining wall with multiple levels or add-ons such as columns or arches, expect your costs to rise significantly. For example: if you go with large stone blocks ($10-$20 per block) that require professional installation services by an experienced mason ($50-$75 per hour), then expect to pay around $2,500-$3,500 just for materials alone.
Maintenance tips for Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks
It is recommended to clean the surface of the retaining wall blocks with a solution of water and mild soap.
Use a pressure washer to clean the blocks, if you have one available. If not, use a hose with a nozzle that produces a strong spray.
Wash dirt off using either high-pressure water or a garden hose with a strong spray
This block is perfect for your next patio or retaining wall project.
Cottage Stone Retaining Wall Blocks are the perfect addition to your next patio or retaining wall project. The stone is easy to install, durable, and weather resistant. Available in different colors, this block is available for patios, retaining walls, and more.
The Cottage Stone is perfect for your next patio or retaining wall project. It blends beautifully with most environments, and its natural weathered look adds charm to any outdoor space.