The Free Standing Wall Divider is a great addition to any home or office. Not only does it add style and class to any room, but it also helps you make use of the space you have available. The divider can be used as a partition wall to separate different areas in your homes, such as a kitchen from the dining room or a study from the living room. It can also be used as a privacy screen in your bathroom or bedroom, where you can keep your belongings hidden from view while still having easy access to them.
The Free Standing Wall Divider comes in many different sizes and styles so that it will fit perfectly into your home or office. You can choose from either one solid color or two contrasting colors for the top part of the divider and then choose from a wide selection of colors for its base. This allows for endless possibilities when it comes to decorating your home.
The Free Standing Wall Divider is the perfect solution for your home or office.
This wall divider can be placed anywhere you want it to go. It’s free-standing and does not need any kind of support from another object or wall.
The Free Standing Wall Divider is made from steel and will last through many years of use. The metal is strong but also lightweight so it won’t add too much weight to your walls.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to divide your space, this is the project for you. This free-standing wall divider is easy to make and requires only a few materials. It’s perfect for creating separate spaces in tight quarters, or if you want to create a more cozy atmosphere.
If you are looking for a free-standing wall divider, it is easy to make one. You just need to buy some plywood and then follow the steps below to build your own divider. In this article, you will learn how to make your own divider by following these simple steps:
What is Free Standing Wall Divider?
A free-standing wall divider is a partition that can be moved and repositioned on its own. This makes it especially useful for people who have uneven walls or windows in their rooms. Free-standing dividers also have the ability to separate a room without blocking light or views, making them a good choice if you are not quite ready to commit to wall-mounted dividers yet.
Uses of Free Standing Wall Divider
A freestanding wall divider can be used in many different ways. It can be used as:
- Space Dividers – It is a great way to divide space without using walls, for example, in living rooms or kitchens. By separating the space into smaller areas, you make it more comfortable and cozy. You can also use this item to increase privacy in your home. For example, you can install it between your bedroom and kitchen to create some privacy while still allowing light from both sides of the room through.
- Shelving Divider – A freestanding wall divider is also perfect for storing items on top of it so that they do not need any additional storage space inside your home. For example, if you have bookshelves but don’t have enough space inside them then this could be an excellent alternative because all books will fit perfectly on top of these dividers without taking up any additional room inside homes. This is great for people who live in small apartments or houses.
Reasons for Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
- DIY free-standing wall divider is very easy to install.
- It is a very affordable option and you can create your own design for the DIY free-standing wall divider.
- The DIY free-standing wall dividers are portable, so you can move them easily from one place to another. They do not permanently attach to the walls or floors of your home like other types of partitions do, which makes them great for temporary use as well as permanent installations that need more flexibility and mobility than standard partitions offer.
- The DIY free-standing walls can be used to divide a room into two separate areas, such as creating an office space within an open living room by installing one or more panels along the far end with a countertop on top (or just leaving it empty). You could also use this type of partition around a bed if you want privacy from other people sharing the same sleeping quarters with you without having any type of permanent attachment holding them in place at all times during sleepovers among friends or family members alike who may otherwise enter unannounced when children cannot give permission beforehand due their age restrictions.
Steps involved in Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
- Measure the area to be divided. The first step in building this DIY free-standing wall divider is to measure the space you are wanting to divide. You will need enough room to cut out a piece of plywood that will fit snugly against both walls and leave about 2 inches on either side for stability.
- Cut the pieces of plywood to size using a jigsaw, coping saw, or band saw (if available). Once you have measured your space, it is time to cut your plywood into shape with a jigsaw or coping saw so that when it is placed against one wall and another board placed on top as shown in image 1 below, there will be about 2 inches on either side for stability
Once the two rows of strips are secured, you can connect the two sides of the wall.
Now that you have your two rows of strips secured, it is time to connect them.
You will need to use a level to make sure that the horizontal lines are straight and also measure up from the ground to make sure that the vertical strips are on target for your height. Attach all of the vertical strips in this manner.
Next, use a level to make sure that the horizontal lines are straight.
Next, use a level to make sure that the horizontal lines are straight. If you’re working on the floor, it might be difficult to get an accurate level reading because there is nothing around to set up against. In this case, cut two pieces of wood at least 4 feet long and use them as “stand-ins” for a beam or wall studs (these aren’t structural pieces so don’t worry about making them look nice). Now when you measure from one end of your piece of wallboard to another, it will be easy to see if everything is straight.
In addition to checking for horizontal alignment, check each vertical strip with a level before screwing it into place. It should be perfectly vertical in order for our project to work its magic later on. Finally, we need all those little spaces between our boards evened out so they line up evenly across both sides especially important if you have multiple rows going up or down from here. Make sure each board is aligned vertically so that only half an inch separates one row from another otherwise things won’t turn out right later on when we start adding trim pieces around our opening edges (this really happened).
Measure up from the ground to make sure that the vertical strips are on target for your height.
Measure up from the ground to make sure that the vertical strips are on target for your height. If you’re trying to create a little extra privacy in an area where there is already a lot of it, or if you just want to add some color and interest to your space, then this free-standing wall divider will be a great addition.
The measurements for this project are as follows:
- The length of each wall piece will be 14 feet (4.3 meters)
- The height of each wall piece will be 10 feet (3 meters)
Attach all of the vertical strips as you did with the horizontal strips.
- Attach all of the vertical strips as you did with the horizontal strips.
- Use a nail gun to attach each horizontal strip to the plywood one by one.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the cheap foam or poly-fil insulation to both sides of each horizontal strip.
Use your nail gun to attach each horizontal strip to the plywood one by one.
Use your nail gun to attach each horizontal strip to the plywood one by one. Be careful not to over-nail, or you’ll split the wood and make a mess of things. Make sure you leave an opening at one side of your wall divider so that you can slide in another piece of plywood and cover up the center seam with molding later on. Once all of your strips are attached (you should have about six), use a hot glue gun or other fast-drying adhesives to attach a cheap foam or poly-fil insulation to both sides of each horizontal strip. Leave them overnight for good measure this will save time later when it comes time for assembly.
Use a hot glue gun to attach the cheap foam or poly-fil insulation to both sides of each horizontal strip.
You will need to make sure that you use the appropriate glue for your foam or poly-fil insulation. For cheap foam, I would recommend hot glue in 5-10 second intervals. Also, be careful when using a hot glue gun because it can burn your fingers very quickly.
If you are using poly-fil, then it is best to use white tacky glue and apply it with a paintbrush so that there are no visible seams on the wall dividers.
Lay out each horizontal piece evenly and make sure you leave an opening at one side of your wall divider.
You will need to make sure that you leave an opening on one side of your wall divider. The opening should be wide enough for the ladder to fit through. The opening can be on any side of your wall divider, but it is probably best if it is on a side opposite from where you will be working. This way, if something happens and the ladder falls down, nothing will get damaged or hurt when it lands on the floor below.
Before laying out each horizontal piece evenly and making sure you leave an opening at one side of your wall divider
Materials needed for Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
Materials needed for Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
- Wooden strips or plywood
- Nail gun
- Hot glue gun (optional)
- Foam or poly-fil insulation
Tools needed for Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
You’ll need the following tools:
- nail gun
- hot glue gun
Advantages of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
- It is easy to build.
- It’s cheap to make.
- You can customize it to your needs.
- It is a great way to divide a room that doesn’t have enough space for two separate rooms, but you want some privacy or want to be able to close off the room from others (for example, if someone is sleeping in the living room).
You could also use this as a bookshelf or divider between rooms.
Disadvantages of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
Although there are many benefits to a DIY free-standing wall divider, it does have some disadvantages:
- They may not be as sturdy or durable as a permanent wall.
- They may not be as aesthetically pleasing.
- It is more difficult to install and move than other types of room dividers.
Cost of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
Labor costs are practically zero. Material costs will vary, but it’s not too expensive either. The cost of our Diy Free Standing Wall Divider is $69.
The material cost of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
To build a Diy Free Standing Wall Divider, you will need to spend about $100. This amount can be reduced by using recycled materials and scrap wood, but this could also reduce the quality of your final product.
The following materials are required for building a Diy Free Standing Wall Divider:
- Wood boards or plywood sheets (you’ll need 2-3 pieces depending on the size of your wall)
- Drill machine with bit sizes 1/8″ to 1/2″
- Screws (preferably wood screws)
- Screwdriver – Philips or flathead
The labor cost of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
The labor cost of this project will depend on the complexity of the project. Depending on how much time you spend making your own plans, buying materials, and building it will take place over a few days or weeks. If you can find volunteers to help with any part of this process that’s also going to save you some money.
The range for labor cost is $0-$10 per hour. You may be able to negotiate with friends or family members who are willing to do some work in exchange for food/drinks or just because they like helping out.
Benefits of Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
Free-standing walls are cost-effective, creative, and easy to install. They’re also removable, meaning you can take them with you when you move out of your current home. All in all, free-standing walls provide several benefits:
- They can be used to divide a room or create a wall of fame
- They can be painted or decorated with photos or fabric
- You can use them again next time you need to divide a room temporarily
Maintenance tips for Diy Free Standing Wall Divider
- Clean the wall divider regularly.
- Maintain the wall divider and keep it in good condition.
- Keep the wall divider dry, so that it does not get damaged or weakened by mold or other types of decay.
- Keep your Diy Free Standing Wall Divider in a safe place where no one can touch it or damage it with their hands because they are dirty, oily, and wet most of the time.
I hope this has given you some ideas on how to create a free-standing wall divider. If you want to make your own, there are many ways to do so and many different materials that can be used. Just remember that the best way is always the simplest way.